A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that allow you to automatically sign in to our Services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Examples of the analytical/performance cookies we use are for example for Google Analytics. This is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate use of those services and compile a report for us. Google Analytics will not collect your personal information.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site or make use of the Services.
We are committed to protecting your personal information.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us in connection with your use of our site, will be processed by us. It is important that you read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. Information we may ask you for
For our site to work effectively, we may collect and process the following data about you:
1.1 Your Information
- Sign-up information
When you register to download documents such as research papers or case studies from our site, we require you to provide your first name, last name, organisation and e-mail address.
1.2 Other information we receive about you
We also receive other types of information about you:
- We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access our site including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include your IP address and other information about things such as your internet service provider, location, the type (including identifiers) of browser you use, or the pages you visit.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may undertake research using publicly available information to identify and inform appropriate professional approaches to individuals and companies who have a commitment or interest in our products and services. South Pole has a legitimate interest in seeking committed companies for its products.
2. How we use the information we receive
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the Services:
- To ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (for example, carbon credits transactions through our webshop)
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to those existing services and new services that we offer that are relevant to you
- To better understand the ways in which users interact with our site and Services; and to promote our Services.
Your information is yours and we will never share it with advertisers.
3. Where we store your personal data
4. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If you have consented to us sharing your personal information in this way
- If all, or substantially all of our assets are merged with or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets and you will be deemed to consent to this. If this happens, we will do our best keep you informed
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or others.
5. Your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right to access certain information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Our site allows you to connect with third party sites, such as Facebook and Twitter to share contents and pages. If you use any of these sites, please note that they will have their own privacy policies, which are entirely outside of our control. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. Please check these policies carefully before you submit any personal data to such sites.
What choices do I have about how my data is used?
You may opt out of receiving information from us by email or post.
To exercise your choices, unsubscribe using the link in our emails or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request a copy of the information held about you by writing to:
How you can reach us
Tel + 41 43 501 35 50